Friday, February 16, 2018

This is me...


I have been seriously obsessed with "The Greatest Showman" since it came out.  I've seen it three times already in the theater and it's literally the only music I currently listen to.  I subscribe to Amazon music so that I can listen to it in the car, at work, on my echo or any of our five dots around the house. :)  (Yep, I'm listening to it right now!)  The music and the messages in the movie are so inspiring to me.

My favorite song, (although it is SOOOOOO hard to even say that because I love them all), is "This Is Me."  I was telling Dee last night that it pounds at my heart in a way that makes me feel like it's my own personal anthem!!  She laughed at me and told me I was not an ugly outcast that people make constant fun of.  OK, I'm definitely not inferring that I have it like those sweet circus performers, but I do have my own "broken parts" and "scars".  Don't we all in one way or another?

MS can make me doubt my worth sometimes.  It fires bullets at me, tries to break me down to dust, can make me want to hide away and sometimes even makes me feel ashamed or unlovable.  I have my days that I feel bruised, but I can also be brave!  The song literally inspires me to believe that I can drown this out, keep marching on, burst through barricades and reach for the sun... When I hear "we are warriors", I think of every person out there fighting this stupid disease.  I AM a warrior and I don't need to make apologies or be afraid to be seen for who I am.  I am still glorious.  I am who I'm meant to be.  This.Is.Me.

See?  Totally my own personal anthem.  Now I just need to learn that killer dance routine. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your obsession of The Greatest Showman - I've seen it twice, and bought the CD - I listen to it in the car with the sound turned up so loud. I can't remember a movie that I've loved so much in a long time. The music and the choreography are amazing. Did you know the bearded lady was raised in the LDS church? I wish I could figure out how to follow you on my blog roll so I see your posts automatically. Keep listening to your anthem and I'll be thinking about you whenever I listen to the music.

    ReplyDelete