Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Happy Anniversary To Me!


Can you believe it's been an entire year since my official MS diagnosis?  June 27th will forever stand out in my mind a little bit I guess.  Not everyone would consider this a "happy" anniversary, and this time last year was a tough day for sure, but simply having a diagnosis and being able to be on a treatment plan is something to be grateful for.   

I thought about a lot of things today as we traveled home from our little trip to Wyoming.  I thought about how it certainly does not seem like it's been a year... I still feel like everything is pretty new.  I thought about how many things have changed for me, but also how many things I have been able to keep the same by simply making some small adjustments.  

I thought about my dear sweet hubby and how much crying and frustration he has had to endure from me.  I thought about how much support he, my kids and my parents have given me.  I thought about the special friends in my life who have reached out and loved and encouraged me.  It's a well known fact that people don't always stick around when they find out you have a chronic illness!  I'm so glad for the amazing people in my life that have.

The past year has definitely been an adventure of sorts, but even though it has been a bit challenging at times, it has been a journey that has taught me more humility, compassion, empathy, gratitude and love than I thought possible.  Now to see what the next year brings us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment