Saturday, November 11, 2017

Let's try this again...




I went to see Dr Banks for my check in last week.  I just love her and how willing she is to spend all the time with me that I need in order to make sure I have all my questions answered.  That is a rare thing in a doctor!

One of the things we discussed this time was the medication for my fatigue that I had tried in July which had made me so sick, (Amantadine).  She talked about how that kind of sickness was not a normal side affect of the medication and how it could have been the after affect of all the steroids I had taken that may have caused that to happen.  So really, it came down to the fact that I needed to give it another try... but I wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea.

I decided I would wait and try it on a Thursday because I got sick the second day last time and if I was going to give it a good shot, I would need to have the weekend to see if the sickness was going to pass if it did start up again.  (Being sick at work is definitely not fun.)

Well good news!  The medicine did NOT make me sick this time, which goes to show that sometimes it IS worth giving something another try.  Now I just need to give it a few months to see if there is any improvement in my energy levels.  I've not had any caffeine since I got back from Hawaii and I'm eating "cleaner," (very low carb), in hopes that all of these things will help decrease my levels of exhaustion so I can be a stronger wife and mom.  Here's hoping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment