Friday, July 20, 2018

Isn't it ironic... don't you think?


I opened my desk drawer today and found that my poor little stress man that Mike bought me a couple of years ago had literally exploded.  After I got over the "awwwwwwe maaaaaaaan" of the situation, I sat him on my desk and began to laugh.  I mean, how ironic was this situation.  This little guy literally looked just like I felt.  I really needed that laugh today.

It's been a few days since I finished the steroids and I'm honestly past done with everything.  I still have a lot of pain in my back.  Nothing seems to relieve it.  It felt good for a few days, but now that the steroids are done it feels like I'm back to square one.  I can't walk for more than a few minutes at a time.  I have to use a cane to get out of bed or up off the loo.  It hurts to stand.  It hurts to lay.    It hurts to sit on the couch.  It hurts to roll over.  I haven't called the Dr back yet.  I don't want another MRI.  I definitely don't want back surgery!  I just can't take anything else right now.  I'm sick of not being able to exercise.  I'm so grumpy and fed up and I'm tired of pasting a smile on my face.  I'm so frustrated that my poor hubby has to deal with all of this on top of everything else.  Bless him he is so very kind and loving and does so much for me.  I just want to be able to do things for him.  OK, rant over.

I'm going to try and stay flat all weekend and see how I feel Monday.  If it isn't feeling any better at all then I'll have to bite the bullet and call the Dr.  I'm not above begging for some prayers at this point.  The thought of surgery really scares me.  Here's to hoping a weekend in bed will fix me.

No comments:

Post a Comment