Saturday, December 15, 2018

Choosing Sanity...


For the first year in I don't know how many years I didn't make buckeye candy, (or what we call peanut butter balls), for our friends and neighbors for Christmas.  It may seem like a small insignificant thing but boy was it a tough decision for me!  Not because the candy is amazing or irreplaceable, but simply because it's been a tradition for me for longer than I can remember and I made the conscious choice to break it. 

Instead I simply bought bottles of bubbly and tied them up with pretty ribbons and shiny baubles.  As tough as this was to skip this tradition, it was a choice I made for my sanity and subsequently the sanity of my family.  And you know what?  It didn't ruin Christmas or make anyone feel less loved.  At the end of the day, the only one that even noticed was me!  Be ok with change.  Change can be good. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment