Saturday, September 16, 2017

Hello Fall...

And just like that, summer is over.  Hallelujah!  That was the LOOOOOONGEST summer EVER.

The last couple of days have been pretty amazing for me.  The temperature just all of a sudden dropped here in Utah as it usually does sometime in September. Thursday I walked out of my office building at about 3pm and waited for the zinging in my neck and back to start just like it does every.single.day in the three minutes it takes me to walk in the hot sun from the office to the car.  (My neurologist told me the technical term for the electric shock sensations down my spine is Lhermitte's Sign, but I can't ever remember that, so I just call it zinging.)

However, this day was very different... the zinging never came!  I actually wanted to dance in the parking lot!  I can't even properly convey the private celebration that went on in my head.  My spirits were lifted tremendously.  And it just got better as I got into the car and realized that the car wasn't even hot! Usually I have to quickly turn on the AC and drive a couple of minutes with the windows down to get all the heat out.  Just that few minutes a day of the intense heat kills me for the next few hours.  Not only does the zinging bother me tremendously, but whatever small amount of energy I had left is immediately drained out of my body, making me feel like I am just going to collapse.  I can totally be planning on stopping at the grocery store on my way home right before I leave work and by the time I get in the car I know there is no way I can physically do it.

The afternoon was wonderful... I stopped at the grocery store and did a big shop without even breaking a sweat.  After unloading the car and putting all the groceries away I opened up all our windows in the house and then sat out on our porch swing with Miles for an HOUR!  (Usually I can't go out until after 8pm.)


I made dinner and even managed a lovely walk with the hubby.  I can't remember the last time I accomplished that much in one day after a full day of work!

Yesterday it was registering 65 degrees when I left the office and once again I was energized feeling the cool breeze on my face.  I stopped and picked up a cake from Market Street Grill for my Dad's birthday, stopped by Smiths to grab a card and gift card, got some cleaning up done at home, sat on the swing with the dog, cleaned myself up and was ready for a lovely evening with Mike and the parents to celebrate Dad's birthday by 5:30.



We didn't come home until after 11pm, having thoroughly enjoyed a scrumptious dinner followed by lots of laughs and games for the entire evening... and I still felt wonderful.  Honestly, I knew the heat was horrific for me, but I had no idea it had THAT big of a bearing on my wellness.

So hello Fall!  Hello happiness!  Hello cool crisp air and walking through crunchy leaves.  Hello vibrant yellows and oranges.  Hello pumpkins, football, hot chocolate and hoodies!  Please stay for a while.  I'll love you forever! 💗


1 comment:

  1. I love this!! Summer is my very favorite season and I usually get kinda sad when fall comes, but reading this has made me so excited and happy about fall! Because it's making my dear sweet friend Petra feel so much better and more uplifted! This makes me very very happy about fall!!❤️

    ReplyDelete