Friday, March 23, 2018

Good days and bad days...


Well, the positive side of me is grateful that I have actually had a pretty good couple of months. However, the past week or so I have felt a little crappy.  I have been pretty tired, I've had that pesky zinging down my spine again and I've had increased discomfort/numbness in my left hand.  I've had a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep at night due to body achiness, (especially my legs), and I've woken up with some numbness in my right hand during the night on a couple of different occasions.  I don't know if it is just the change in the weather or what!

I ended up caving and calling my neurologist Tuesday afternoon.  I don't like to call her unless I've been feeling pretty bad for a few days because first of all, I don't want to be a pain in the butt patient who calls for every little thing, but also, I am terrified to be put back on steroids or have to go have another MRI or who knows what else done.  They were able to give me a Friday morning appointment which was perfect because I had already arranged to take Thursday off for Dee's birthday celebrations and Friday off to recover. :)

My biggest priority this week was to get through Dee's birthday yesterday with as much energy as I could possibly muster and as little health interruption as possible. It's become tradition that I take the day off work so we can have lunch together and then shop at City Creek.  I realized a couple of weeks ago that this is the first year she is working full time so we probably wouldn't be able to go so I didn't say anything, but then bless her heart she went ahead and arranged to take it off.  (I'm not sure if the time together is more of a present for her or for me, haha.)  We had the funnest day!! I was up at 6:30am to decorate the house and run and get balloons before she woke up.  We had a yummy lunch and made sure to hit up our regulars, Alex and Ani for birthday jewelry and H&M for birthday clothes. After she was all shopped out we met Mike Sr & Mike Jr for her birthday dinner at Rodizio, and then had cake at the house with the grandparents.  I was absolutely exhausted by the end of the day but it was TOTALLY worth it.  So much fun.

This morning it was back to reality.  I went in to see Dr Banks nice and early at 8:45am.  I appreciate so much the time she takes with me to really listen and find out what is going on.  I never feel rushed, she asks so many good questions and then gives me choices as to what our next steps can be.  She did say she wanted to do another MRI to see if there have been any changes so that is set up for Monday after work.  After our discussion and when given the choice, I elected to wait until after we got those results before starting any kind of medications.

I will admit that I do feel super anxious about the MRI, but I keep reminding myself that I have made it through two of them in the past and Dr. Banks gave me a prescription for a couple of Xanex to take right before going in.  At least it will be all over with in a few days and I should have some results back by the end of next week.  Waiting and the anticipation is definitely always the worst part.  Here's to hoping it's just the weather changes giving me grief. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment