Friday, March 30, 2018

And the results are in...

I got a call from Dr Banks this morning with the MRI results.  I think it was good news!  Since my last MRI, which was almost a year ago, she said I only have one new lesion on my spine on the right side.  She also told me that none of the other previously existing lesions were enhancing.  Bear in mind that my last MRI was last April/May and I didn’t go on the disease modifying medication until mid July... So I am not sure, but I assume that the new lesion could have possibly presented itself before I even got on the meds?

Regardless, it was a relief to me to hear that there was only one new one.  I feel like that makes the past year somewhat successful.  So with this information the next question was how do we want to treat the symptoms I’m currently experiencing.  There is another medication I can go on to help with the tingling/numbness/sensation issues, but I decided I would try oral steroids first and see if they help at all.  

I absolutely hate steroids.  Oral are better than the IV ones for SURE, but I still hate how they make me feel.  I feel on edge and easily irritated, my heart races constantly and I sweat like crazy.  I get heartburn and don’t sleep particularly well.  I hate them!  But it's only 12 days and they could help, so I'm gonna give it a shot.  I honestly don't want to have to go on another full time medicine yet if I don't have to.  Let's hope the next 12 days fly by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment