Sunday, October 28, 2018

A Week Away From The Norm...

Things have been going remarkably well the past month, knock on wood.  I think maybe I'm getting more used to living with MS and I am definitely doing better at making adjustments and taking precautions.

This past week the Hubby and I went to San Diego for a week together, just the two of us.  We had such a wonderful time.  My biggest goal was for HIM to have fun.  He spends so much time doing so much for me, I honestly just wanted him to have a break from the norm and do things he wanted to do.  

During our week we visited SeaWorld, Balboa Park, the Air & Space museum, the Automobile museum and the Hall of Nations.  We boarded submarines, the Star of India and one of the boats used for filming Pirates of the Caribbean.  We cruised around San Diego bay, explored Coronado Island, La Jolla, Seaport village and the Japanese gardens.  

One of the highlights of the week was touring the USS Midway ship, which is a massive aircraft carrier that was actually used during Desert Storm.  Mike especially enjoyed climbing up in to the cockpit of a Jet and seeing more than 30 additional restored aircraft's and helicopters.  It was quite incredible! 

We also spent a good amount of time exploring the San Diego Zoo and Safari Parks.  There were so many beautiful animals there, but I think our favorite part of that adventure was definitely the Australian walkabout in the Safari park where Mike got to pet a baby wallaby. 
  
We ate loads of yummy food and genuinely enjoyed every minute together.  To me it literally felt like a honeymoon!  

Mike is very mindful of my energy and pain levels which can make him a little "over-protective" sometimes.  I love him so much and sincerely appreciate all he does for me, I just feel bad that my MS always seems to be at the forefront of his mind.  He was constantly making sure we stopped to rest for a bit and kept buying me bottles of water to make sure I was hydrated.  He would insist we spend time each evening relaxing at the hotel.  Even at the airport he would take both the large suitcases and his backpack leaving me with just a small backpack with my purse and medication in it.  From an outside perspective looking in I'm positive I look like a spoiled brat.  😔  It's a real challenge for me to not feel like a constant burden to him and that is my biggest struggle right now.  However, that is something I will need to figure out and work on.  Meanwhile, I do recognize how blessed I am to have him in my life watching over me.  It was such a lovely week and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to spend this time together.  We definitely need to plan more little trips away together! ❤







No comments:

Post a Comment