Thursday, November 1, 2018

Happy Halloween!


I wasn't going to do anything special for Halloween.  We have only been back a few days from our vacation, I am back at work so I was pretty tired by the time I got home and all the boxes of Halloween decorations were piled under the Christmas stuff in the basement.  It would have been easy to make the excuse not to make the effort and no-one would have said anything, but I feel like my choices at times like this are what define me.  

There are two MS-me's.  Multiple Sclerosis me says to do the bare minimum... hand out candy and let the day pass.  But then there is Mighty Strong me.  This me says get up, dress up, show up and never give up.  Mighty Strong me says to put in the best effort I can... for me and for my family.  

I'm glad to report that Mighty Strong me showed up today.  I didn't over do it, that would have been stupid.  But I made an effort.  I pulled the decorations out from under the Christmas stuff...

  

I then pulled the costume box down off the top shelf of my clothes closet and rummaged through it to see what I could find.  I was able to give Miles a makeover with the treasures I found in there! 😂 


She wasn't amused!! 😂

By the time Mike got home, I had baskets of candy ready with plenty of reserves... (we usually have a couple of hundred kids swing by)... and we had the most fun evening sitting together out on the porch, wrapped up in blankets and handing out treats to all the cute characters walking around our neighborhood.


It's worth it... making the effort, getting up, dressing up, showing up and never giving up.  It turns days that could have just passed by in to sweet, sweet memories with your family. ❤  Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment