Friday, November 23, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!



Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I think it's because it's pretty much like Christmas, which I also love, but without all the stress of presents and decorations!  Thanksgiving I get to reflect on all the blessings I have in my life and I can focus on spending time with the people I love the most and eating amazing food. 😉  

We weren't sure Mikey was going to be with us this year because he is traveling a lot for work, but thankfully he made it last minute.  I don't know what i'm going to do the first year one of the kids aren't able to be with us! 😟 Even the slight possibility of it happening hurt my heart this year.

We spent Thanksgiving at my mum and dad's.  A big shout out to mum for hosting again.  I love hosting Thanksgiving, but have realized that with limited energy, it's sometimes either let someone else host and just help with the cooking or be too exhausted to function the day of the holiday.

There were just ten of us this year but the food was incredible and the company entertaining.  I'm so blessed for the family I have.  I just love them all so much. ❤


Miles spent Thanksgiving with us at my mum's too, but we didn't see much of her... I think she had too much turkey! 😂


As I reflect on the things I'm thankful for this year, my family is at the top of my list.  I know I always express my love and thanks for my hubby, but he truly is the one that feels the brunt of this disease.  When I wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramps or body aches he doesn't hesitate to jump out of bed and rub my legs or back till i fall back asleep.  When I have to back out of doing something fun because I'm not feeling well, he never complains... he just tells me how much he loves being at home relaxing with me.  When I come home from a long day of work and am struggling to find the physical strength to make dinner, he swings by and picks something up without delay and brings it home with a smile and a kiss.  I am one lucky gal to have this guy in my corner.

I am truly thankful for him, for my parents, for my kids and other amazing family and friends who show me so much love, support and patience.  They are my biggest blessings.  ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment