Monday, December 4, 2017

Deck the halls...

This year decorating was a little different than it has been in the past... I was not able to get everything up in one day for the first time ever, but that is OK!  Life is all about adjusting now.  Thursday night the kids arranged to be home to decorate the big tree.  (I had always wanted a really tall tree and last year hubby obliged me with a 12 footer.)  I will admit that I wasn't feeling so great that night, so I pretty much sat and handed ornaments to the family who got them all up on the tree for me, but it was a lovely evening of decorating and watching the Cowboys/Redskins football game. 


Friday I wasn't up to doing more decorating, so the rest of it had to wait until Saturday when I had more energy.  I have always wanted a non traditionally colored Christmas room, (in addition to the traditional room with the red, gold and green, not instead)... well, this year we did it!  I am absolutely obsessed with everything aqua right now, so it was only fitting that the front room was decorated in that color.  I am seriously in loooooooooooooooove with this room.  


I've also always wanted a small tree in the front window that you could catch a glimpse of from outside... so this made me happy on so many levels. :)


Shout out to the hubby for the assist!  Bless him for helping me do all of this on his one day off.  On another note, Miles loves to sit and stare at the Christmas lights on the tree... It's the cutest thing. 


It's starting to feel festive around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment