Saturday, April 7, 2018

Time out for fun...


Have I told you how wonderful it is to have my parents around the corner from us?  It's so much easier to spend time together when we are five minutes away instead of twenty-five.  This week they had tickets to Riverdance, so Mike & I got to tag along.  We always have the best time hanging out with them.  It's definitely one of our favorite things to do.

I have found that it works really well to save the majority of my work PTO for the days following "big" events.  That way I get to still enjoy some weeknight activities without having to pay for it the next day because I got to bed too late.  I've done this a few times already this year and it has literally helped change the quality of my life.  Thursday night was Riverdance, so I planned ahead to take off Friday and I got to enjoy a late night on Thursday with the fam and a long weekend after.  It was heaven!

Mike has never seen Riverdance, so I was extra excited that we got to go because I knew he would absolutely LOVE it.  I was right.  He could not contain himself in the seat and was bouncing around the entire show.  There was a couple a few rows behind us that actually came and asked us if he was a dancer during intermission and proceeded to tell us that they enjoyed watching him just as much as the performers.  I love that man and his enthusiasm for life.  Its contagious.  😍

I realized again tonight how much music affects me and how much it has the capability to lift my spirit and soothe my soul.  Thanks mum and dad for the most wonderful evening.  We are so blessed to have you so close. 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment