Wednesday, April 25, 2018

What Made You Happy Today?


I saw this question on some website I was browsing this week and it made me stop and think.  One short, bad experience can ruin our mood for hours or days, but it works the same the other way around, doesn't it?  One GOOD experience can also RAISE our mood for hours or days if we let it.  I believe it's just all about our focus!

My mom told me that she once heard someone say:
"Are you really having a bad day?  Or did you just have five bad minutes and you're milking the hell out of it?"  
Funny, but so true, right?

After work today I decided to post this question on my instagram and facebook walls asking people to comment and tell me what made THEM happy today.  I wasn't sure that anyone would answer but I thought it would be fun to hear other peoples positive experiences if they would share... and you know what?  It WAS fun to hear and it put me in the best mood!  The answers varied from food and drinks to sleeping kids to outings in the beautiful weather to other people serving them to spending time with family, just to name a few... but reading every single response made me smile too. :)

Happiness, smiling, a positive attitude, whatever you want to call it... it's definitely contagious.  I sincerely love and appreciate good people who can put a smile on their face even in the face of adversity.  They inspire me.

What made you happy today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment